Monday, January 28, 2008

What I Did During The Weekend

After weeks of surviving on four to five-hour appointments with my bed, quick (and very late) dinners and working overtime on Saturdays, I decided to take a much-needed break. Well actually I was supposed to spend a whole day with my friend who just came back from China. She had to beg off a few days before. So now I was left with two whole days of pure R&R. Here's a list of what I did:
  1. woke up at 9am
  2. enjoyed my favorite corned beef for breakfast
  3. enjoyed a warm foot soak in my bubble foot massager
  4. cut my toenails and removed my nail polish
  5. watched Katoque and gaped at the mouth-watering recipes
  6. ate chicharon with rice
  7. watched Eat Bulaga's opening number. Their theme was Pinagbiyak na Bunga which showcased look-alikes. Jaya paired up with Julia and Pilita with Pauline. For the finale, it was Regine Velasquez and Michael V! It was so hilarious that I caught myself laughing out loud
  8. enjoyed the episode of Oprah which guested Justin Timberlake, Reba McIntyre and Kelly Clarkson. Justin's take on fame was very refreshing. I admire him now more than ever!
  9. read my Lonely Planet book and fell asleep at around 4pm, dreaming about Southeast Asian destinations
  10. woke up at 11 pm. My mom was forced to sleep in my room because I slept in hers.
  11. watched Amazing Race Asia where I fervently wished that Marc Nelson and Rovilson Fernandez maintain their good standing in the race. Luckily, they managed to be at number two!
  12. chatted with Ron, Jumbz and Anna who were at Bistro to watch Streamline (again)
  13. watched Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights for a second time and drooled over Diego Luna and relished the Cuban beat
  14. slept at 2 am and woke up 6 hours later
  15. was roused from sleep with the honking of Manong Dyaryo's (that's what I call the newspaper man) horn
  16. got really mad at him because he left so soon despite my frantic calls of "Sandali, sandali!!!"
  17. walked a few blocks and spotted him (lucky me!)...thank God I didnt have to walk farther for two broadsheets which are inevitably part of my Sunday mornings
  18. enjoyed my brunch of fish and veggies dipped in honey mustard sauce
  19. watched half of Penelope Cruz's film Italia, which was, well, in Italian
  20. read the Philippine Star and the Philippine Daily Inquirer
  21. learned that Renaldo Lapuz used to be a tricycle driver at Sikatuna Village for 11 years!Ü
  22. watched Twin Sisters (Der Tweeling) on M-net (an African cable channel). It's a story about twin German girls separated at the age of 6. Anna remained with her poor relatives in Germany while Lotte was adopted by middle-class relatives who live in Holland. The story stretched from pre- to post-war Germany and Holland. This is one highly-recommended movie!
  23. almost burned my ham and sausage omelette (which soon became scrambled eggs with ham and sausage..hahaha!)
  24. washed the dishes while listening and dancing to Chris Brown on my iPod
  25. read Jessica Zafra's Twisted Travels till my eyes gave up

I really look forward to more weekends like this! One need not spend a lot to enjoy the simpler things in life. Ü