Sunday, January 13, 2008

It's Just Another Rainy Day

Wait, it's not just any other rainy day. It's January and it's not supposed to rain!!! Today, (or should I say yesterday since it's midnight already) I woke up to the sound of rain heavily pounding on the roof. It took a while before I opened my eyes. For a few moments, I just listened to the rain, wondering whether I was just hearing things. The rains don't come at this time of the year, not just yet. Surely, yesterday's weather was not an indication of things to come. It was all bright and sunny. And now this.

The first thing I asked my mom was, "Umuulan ba talaga?" (Is it really raining?). My mom sarcastically answered, "Naku, hindi!" (Of course not!). I was dumbfounded. I had plans of going to the mall to catch a movie, undergo a routinary lab procedure, visit the dermatologist for a check-up and possibly buy a digicam. Alas, none of those plans came to fruition.

I was hoping that the rains would stop in the afternoon. Twelve noon passed, then two o'clock. Still no sign of stopping. I busied myself with finishing my blog entries and surfing the net for more information regarding Canon Powershot camera models. I read my digital photography book until I fell asleep. I must have slept for about 5 hours. I woke up again at 8pm. The rains have not ceased. I let out another sigh.

Maybe this was God's way of redefining my idea of relaxation. I resolved not to work overtime this weekend. The past week was all about work stress, strange dinners and 5-hour dates with my bed. My idea of relaxing was going to the mall. God made it more economical. The rains prevented me from leaving the house so I was forced to do something else. I was able to sleep half the day off. The remaining hours were spent reading, writing, having lunch and dinner with my mom, enjoying healthy meals of fish, ham and salad, watching TV, downloading songs and enjoying the music.

One rainy day at home isn't so bad after all.

No comments: