Monday, February 18, 2008

Quotable Valentine Quotes

Valentine's Day morning. My boss said that he will kill whoever it was who invented this day. This he muttered while fixing the bouquet of flowers he asked someone else to buy. Heck, he could not even identify the flowers that he was giving away!!! It was fun watching him do all of this. By the way, he didn't even give them personally to his wife who worked just two floors above us. He says it's corny.

When work was over, another one of my boss's colleagues came over. My boss was browsing a book to pick a restaurant for Valentine's dinner. His colleague sympathized with him, "Pare, ewan ko ba, hindi ko talaga maintindihan ang mga babae! Pag binigyan mo ng bulaklak, sasabihin sayang ang pera. Pag di mo naman binigyan, magagalit at sasabihing hindi mo na sya mahal!" (I really don't understand women! If you give them flowers, they will say that it's a waste of money. When you don't give them flowers, they get mad and complain that you don't love them!). I smile wickedly.

Then they launched into another series of rants. That they were only doing these for their wives. That this was too much of a hassle. That Valentine's Day is too commercialized. That this is the only day that the business of selling flowers hits the jackpot. And then these two quotes:

"Getting married will always be a blunder."

"Marriage will never be a right decision."

I look at them, smile and shake my head in amazement. They both smile at me.

And you thought girls were the only ones who bitched about things.